You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Plant Operators Permanent Roles
An exciting opportunity exists for Experienced Mining Plant Operators searching for Permanent roles, working in the South-West Bowen Basin, at an Open Cut Coal Mine 1.5 hours South of Emerald.
They have multiple vacancies for ASAP starts for motivated individuals with a commitment to high work standards and safety.
- Choice or Casual or Permanent positions inclusive of sick leave and annual leave entitlements
- 7/7, rotating day and night roster
- Drive in and out
- 12.5 hour shifts
- Camp and meals supplied – excellent facilities!
- Great working environment – be part of a team committed to Safety!
- Casual or Permanent roles with Programmed
- On-site support
- Competitive conditions
- One of the best camps in Queensland. Exceptional meals, fully equipped modern gym with Personal Trainers free of charge!
Candidate must have the following skills:
- Minimum demonstrated experience as a Mobile Plant, Coal Mine Production Operator on CAT Contacts Trucks or similar.
- A commitment to Safety and Cultural Awareness
- Competency Report (RII Haul Trucks etc or site authorizations accepted)
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Current/willing to obtain Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA
- Coal Board Medical, Functional Assessment & Drug & Alcohol will be required
If you are interested in these vacancies and meet minimum requirements please apply online NOW!!
Click Apply for Experienced Mining Plant Operators – Emerald
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.