See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Plant Metallurgists FIFO – North West Queensland
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. They will use metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, they rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by there people to achieve world class outcomes.
Mining Plant Metallurgists FIFO Century Mine Queensland
Rewarding opportunities now exists for Plant Metallurgists (2) to join there team. These roles will be offered on a 16:12 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (point of hire Cairns/Queensland).
Reporting to the Senior Metallurgist, this position will be responsible for:
- To improve the metallurgical and operational performance of the Processing Plant and Pipeline by providing technical support to Operations and Maintenance. This consists of implementing operating strategies and identifying opportunities for improvement whilst managing routine and reporting requirements. The role is focussed on meeting safety, cost and performance targets whilst maintaining alignment with the values & behaviours.
Key Accountability shall include:
- Monitor and improve the metallurgical performance of the Processing Plant by providing technical support to Operations in order to optimize grade/recovery, reduce treatment costs and improve safety.
- Identify and solve operational bottleneck issues in the process.
- Monitor process control loops and equipment performance and initiate corrective actions when performance falls outside of specifications.
- Conduct metallurgical and consumable reconciliations on a routine basis and report on process actual in comparison to budget and forecast values.
- Assist with short-medium term production planning.
- Implement process improvement ideas and deliver metallurgical projects in order to meet budget and forecast deliverables.
- Develop and conduct metallurgical testwork programs in order to diagnose process issues and identify areas for process improvement.
- Maintain and develop plant systems for assaying and grind size measurement.
Applicants shall possess the following technical, interpersonal skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Metallurgical roles in base metals.
- Experience in remote site operations desirable.
- Tertiary degree in Metallurgy or relevant equivalent.
- Base metals processing knowledge.
- Understanding of asset management.
- Process control system knowledge.
- Metallurgical accounting/ problem solving.
- Base metals flotation.
- Budgeting, forecasting and cost management.
- Safety leadership and regulatory compliance.
- Project management.
- Current C Class Driver license.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
New Century Resources offers:
- Competitive remuneration.
- Performance Incentives.
- Salary packaging.
- Smart TV’s in bedrooms.
- Two gyms on site.
Please read the above requirements closely and upload a resume and cover letter (word document only) outlining how you meet the above criterion. For more information on New Century Resources please refer to their website: www.newcenturyresources.com
How to apply
They welcome your interest in joining there team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.Apply for Mining Plant Metallurgists FIFO Century Mine Queensland