Mining Operations Supervisor Cannington Mine jobs in Western QLD
Energy Developments Pty Ltd (EDL) is an integrated energy company engaged in the development and management of an international portfolio of energy projects, with particular focus on renewable energy sources, remote power station operations, waste coal mine gas projects and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
Operations Supervisor Cannington
EDL Cannington provides power to the South32 Cannington Mine site and workers village. The 24 hour operation is located approximately 800km south west of Townsville and is an underground mine and production facility that produces lead, silver and zinc.
They are currently recruiting for an Operations Supervisor for Cannington. This position will be based out of Brisbane, Cairns or Townsville and remotely reports to the QNT Operations Manager. This is a FIFO position with an 8 days on 6 days off roster.
The purpose of the position is to supervise the operational requirements of the Cannington Power Station and to maintain the safe and reliable operation of the facilities and to supply technical support to the site.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a safe work environment with support and direction in the trend to Zero Harm.
- Actively ensure own health and safety and lead the health and safety of others through understanding and implementing workplace health and safety obligations
- Provide technical support to the Cannington facilities and interface closely with Operations staff on installed equipment performance.
- Ensure all personnel attain and maintain all necessary statutory training requirements
- Manage the results of condition monitoring programs for assigned facilities.
- Field investigation and root cause reporting of equipment failures on request by line Manager. Developing, implementing and stewarding action plans.
- Liaise and work closely with Asset Management group, Engineering group and other company specific Technical Specialists.
- Mentor and share knowledge with less experienced staff
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of maintenance programs with input to schedules and updates to the maintenance planner.
- Professionally interface with key vendors and contract customers on installed equipment performance as required.
- Meet tight deadlines and attain performance targets as set by the Operations Manager.
- Be conversant with all site Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Utilize the Maintenance Management and Quality Assurance Systems as part of the daily functions
- Support and comply with Company policies and procedures as advised and documented in the Company’s employment policies as amended from time to time and as directed by Managers/Supervisors
- Sound background in industrial safety practices and systems
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to share knowledge openly.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships across departments and with
- Flexible approach to work, including the requirement to travel to sites on a regular basis.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Innovative and forward thinking.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Committed and motivated to achieving Company and team goals and objectives.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Desire to learn and to train others.
- Motivation and flexibility.
- Enjoys the challenge of working in a dynamic team environment.
- Dedicated to the achievement of excellent working standards.
- Confidential, ethical and discreet.
- Proven leadership skills.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade qualifications.
- Power Generation experience; good understanding of power generation and must have gained a range of skills in Generator Controllers, Power Station Control Systems.
- Experience in gas and diesel reciprocating generators.
- Experience with systems such as SCADA, CITECT and Gas Engine Systems.
- Experience in operating in a predictive maintenance environment is highly desirable.
Applications close Friday 9 March 2018.
Energy Developments Remote Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selected candidates will be required to go through background screening.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mining Operations Supervisor Cannington Mine site QLD