If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Operations Senior Geology Technician
- Permanent role with growth focused gold company
- Lifestyle roster 8:6 – day shifts only
- FIFO – Brisbane or Sunshine Coast
What will you be doing?
- Display leadership by actively managing the technician team on a day to day basis;
- Coordinate underground duties, including mapping and sampling, stope inspections, drill rig inspections, heading photography and data entry to deliver timely and accurate outcomes;
- Coordinate the completion of core mark-up, core cutting, core photography, sampling, density determination, sample dispatch and data entry;
- Ensure compliance with environmental and cultural heritage permits, procedures and standards through submission of work-plans and cultural heritage surveys;
- Organize and supervise earthworks for drill pad preparation and ensure rehabilitation of disturbance is completed in accordance with environmental standards;
- Assist with the coordination and supervision of drilling contractors;
- Engage and communicate with key exploration and community stakeholders about exploration field activities;
- Maintain, review and update relevant procedures as well as meet reporting requirements; and
- Commit to maintaining health, safety and security standards and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution.
Are you the one?
- Minimum of 5 years of mining industry experience in an Field Technician position
- Experience in underground mine operations (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong core handling experience (mark-up, Ori lines, RQD, photography, cutting)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of relevant legislation, standards and regulations
- Experience using software such as MapInfo, Micromine, Datamine and Datashed
- A commitment to maintaining workplace health, safety standards and principles
- Experience in Cultural Heritage Surveys
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Experience working with drilling contractors and landowners.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Operations Senior Geology Field Technician QLD