Mining Operation Maintenance Planner – FIFO QLD
- Mount Isa region
- Mining industry
- Permanent position (FIFO)
- Real career opportunity to join a growing success story
Capricorn Copper, Australia’s newest copper producer, is seeking a Maintenance Planner to join their mining operation in the Mount Isa region.
Capricorn Copper is located 125kms north of Mount Isa in one of Australia’s most prolific base metals provinces. The operation was commissioned in late 2017 after completing the A$110 million Refurbishment and Restart project and is currently in the final stages of ramping up to steady state production rate of approximately 30ktpa of copper in concentrate over an initial mine life of 10 years. By achieving its milestones on time and on budget Capricorn Copper has quickly established a track record of achieving strong results.
The high-grade resource at Capricorn Copper is one of the Northwest region’s largest copper resources by contained copper, second only to Mount Isa, and is currently being expanded through a highly successful exploration program. Capricorn Copper’s strong focus on growth is expected to lead to an extension of the initial mine life to approximately 14 years through a LOM update due to be completed in Q2 of 2018.
Capricorn Copper has a philosophy that underpins its Core Values below – There success achieved through strong teamwork.
- Clear Vision through planning and communicating our goals and actions
- Empowerment of there people to innovate and be proactive
- Ownership of there actions so they constantly learn and improve
- Responsibility for results means it’s up to safely get the job done
- Respect the people they work with and the communities in which they live.
Your new role
Supporting the Maintenance Manager, your core duties will include all aspects and responsibilities of a qualified Maintenance Planner. You will have a unique opportunity to join a lean-hands on team at the start of a mines life and will see a strong connection between your efforts and the success of the organization.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Deliver planning services for the Maintenance Department by ensuring the development of accurate and timely programmed maintenance shutdown forecast plans and schedules;
- Apply disciplined and proven methods of maintenance planning to ensure a fit-for-purpose Long-term shut plan is developed, resourced and communicated to ensure assets are maintained at optimum levels for the Processing Department
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure any breakdown of equipment is repaired cost effectively and safely.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful in your application, you will ideally have a relevant trade qualification/or qualification in maintenance management or CMMS systems, preferably Pronto.
You will have demonstrated experience within the mining sector and a strong understanding of fixed plant infrastructure including jaw crushers, mills and floatation cells. You will also demonstrate a strong commitment to work place health and safety. In addition to the above, you will be able to pass a full pre-employment medical.
What you’ll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join and contribute to a true success story which is Capricorn Copper with further growth on the horizon. Capricorn Copper is proud to be part of the Northwest community and promotes employment opportunities locally and for regional Queensland (Townsville and Cairns) as well as Brisbane through competitive salary packages and benefits.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Mining Operation Maintenance Planner FIFO Western QLD
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.