See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Plant Mining Process Operator
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world – privately owned and multinational, their vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. They are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Reporting to the site Production Supervisor, this role will be primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of forklifts, crushing station operation and other mobile and processing equipment. The position will also include labour tasks such as bagging operations and manual clean-up. It is a full time permanent position working Monday to Friday with rotating shifts 6:30am to 2:30pm. Some overtime may be available.
The successful applicants will ideally;
- Have experience in an industrial setting, eg mineral processing, manufacturing or quarrying crushing and screening plants
- Have experience in relation to mobile equipment such as dump trucks, front end loaders, excavators, and hold the relevant competencies
- Have a working knowledge of current safety practices and demonstrated performance within these parameters
- Enjoy working in and contributing to a team environment
With there customers at the center, Sibelco’s culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life’.Sibelco recognize the strength of diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep moving forward and innovating new solutions.
They seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop leaders and their culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on their website at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday the 13th July 2018.
How to Apply
If you are seeking a challenging role with long term opportunities, please apply directly via indeed. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Mobile Process Operator Sibelco mines Australia
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player