Engineering Mechanical Trade Apprenticeship
Programmed Training Services specialize in the employment of Apprentices and Trainees.
Programmed , in partnership with Arrow Energy has identified opportunities for Engineering Mechanical Trade Apprentices commencing in June 2018.
Under Programmed Indigenous Workforce Services, they are seeking applications from highly motivated Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander individuals to undertake an apprenticeship at Arrow Energy’s Gas field in Moranbah in the Bowen Basin in Central QLD.
As an apprentice you will be working towards a Certificate III in Engineering Mechanical Trade (4yrs) with the view to progress to Certificate III in Plant Operations (an additional 2yrs).
Arrow Energy is an integrated coal seam gas (CSG) company that explores and develops gas fields, produces and sells CSG and generates electricity.
Reporting to the Well field supervisor and highly qualified operators, your duties may include:
- Assist Well field operations staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment in order to gain and develop your knowledge and skills necessary to work effectively in the GSG industry
- Acquire and record data from operations plant as required
- Safely and efficiently operate and maintain machinery
- Problem solve and maintain tools, equipment and report all defects, hazards or incidents
- Ensure compliance of all standard operating procedures
- Attend daily toolbox meetings and participate in safety and environmental meetings
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Ensure Arrow supplied vehicles; tools and equipment are kept clean and serviceable condition
- TAFE work books & log books
To be considered for these great opportunities, you must have:
- Absolute commitment to completing the apprenticeship, including completion of all TAFE studies and assessments
- Current, unrestricted motor vehicle license
- Completed Year 10 Schooling
- Mechanical Engineering aptitude (or desire to work in this field)
- Have basic computer system experience
- Display keen motivation towards learning and achieving competencies
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of safety awareness
- Integrity and honesty with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information
Arrow Energy’s Gas field in Moranbah in the Bowen Basin in Central QLD. These apprenticeships are not FIFO therefore you must live locally to Moranbah QLD.
Prior to any offer of employment candidates will be required to attend a pre-employment medical which includes Drug and Alcohol testing.
Please note: To apply for these positions you must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent
Who they are As one of Australia’s largest employers, they work with great companies all around Australia and New Zealand to give you the best opportunities to work when and where you want to. At Programmed, they are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment which values and respects diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. They welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this job?
So it’s over to you. If you would like to join there team, please APPLY now. To learn more about working with Programmed, they encourage you to visit their website.Apply for Mining Mechanical Trade Apprenticeship Bowen Basin QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.