Mining Maintenance & Projects Superintendent
Maintenance & Projects Superintendent (Maryborough, QLD)
- Bring your maintenance management, professional engineering & project management experience
- Join a global leader in the innovation and manufacturing of mining equipment
- Open to flexible working – speak about how this role could work for you
As part of Australian Operations and manufacturing business they are seeking a Maintenance & Projects Superintendent to join the CR Maryborough Foundry team based in Maryborough, QLD to provide leadership to their maintenance team and broader foundry business.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will have a strong background in the manufacturing, mining, or production environments, or similar, have excellent communication skills, be highly self-motivated and have a focus on safety, operational & Maintenance excellence and project management.
Key responsibilities of this position will be:
- Overall site maintenance of a large industrial facility, including site contractor maintenance management
- Responsible for the development and execution of maintenance planning to ensure ongoing availability of equipment
- Managing and developing a multi skilled/trade team
- Provide project management of multiple and diverse improvement initiatives across the foundry focusing on safety & compliance, automation, efficient operation and reduction of manufacturing costs
- Ownership of relationships with key energy suppliers in the gas & electricity markets
- Contribute to the site manufacturing improvement plan and capital expenditure plans
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated practical experience in a plant maintenance leadership role
- Strong experience in manufacturing environments including combustion & automation experience coupled with solid project management skills
- Experience with Maintenance Management Systems & Budget development and control
- Strong understanding of WHS&E compliance and leadership requirements
Other desirable skills and qualifications include:
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse range of personnel to influence positive outcomes
- Experience in applying safety systems within a large mining or manufacturing company
CQMS Razer is a diverse and inclusive organization and welcome applications from a range of backgrounds. They are also committed to flexible working and open to flexible ways of doing things, so speak as how this role could be flexible for you.
At CQMS Razer (CR) they are committed to developing people and believe this, along with productivity technology and supply chain excellence is what differentiates in the eyes of there customers. With a global operations reach, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment where world-class talent is supported in an environment that is fulfilling and rewarding and reflects the values and the communities in which they operate. There strategy is to be collaborative partners with the world’s best miners, delivering innovative solutions and improved mining productivity to there customers around the world.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are seeking a challenging role with long term opportunities, please apply directly via Seek. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mining Maintenance Mechanical Projects Superintendent QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.