See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Maintenance Fitters Jobs DIDO / FIFO
- Even time roster 7/7
- PPE and camp accommodation included
- Permanent Role
Peabody is the leading global pure-play coal company, serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products Peabody is guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability
They offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop their employees.
About the role:
They are currently seeking Maintenance Fitters at Coppabella Mine. Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometers southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverized coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the scope of your role will be to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and adherence to safe and efficient work practices.
Duties will include:
- Compliance with site Safety and Health Management system requirements (including risk management, SOP’s, permits, work instructions etc.).
- Prioritize and undertake specified and/or general work to the required standard and within time frames
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthy work environment.
- Minimize production downtime
- Participate in and complete shift change, site meetings, communications or reporting requirements to the required standard.
- Actively engage in the in the Continuous Improvement Program
This position is offered on a 7/7 day/night rotating roster with and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
The successful candidate will hold a recognized Mechanical Trade Qualification, along with;
- Previous experience working on Electric Drive Trucks, particularly Liebherr and Hitachi.
- Cat D11R/T, D10T Bulldozers, Cat 789 Trucks, Cat 994 Loaders and other Cat Ancillary support machines.
- Exposure to Pit Stop servicing and other preventative maintenance methods and practices would be highly regarded.
- Experience with defect inspection / elimination systems and SAP work management practices.
- A Continuous Improvement commitment and positive attitude towards change.
- Exposure to a rolling shift roster with a quality handover process would be advantageous.
Please submit your application by 3PM Friday, 19th October. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the mining competencies clearly outlined in their resume. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a Recruitment Assessment Center which will be held in Moranbah on 25th October 2018.
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Their mission is to create superior value for shareholders as the leading global supplier of coal, which enables economic prosperity and a better quality of life.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Maintenance Fitters Coppabella Mine Jobs Coalfields
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.