If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Production Operator Jobs – Bowen Basin
Hau truck, water cart, dozers, graders, excavators and rope shovels.
Looking for mining operators who are confident and competent and with relevant experience in open cut coal operations on the following:
- CAT 789 (C), 795 (F) (Electric – High voltage), 797 (F) and/or KOM 930Es (Electric – High voltage) Haul Trucks
- CAT 773, 777 and/or 785 Watercarts
- CAT D10 and/or D11 Dozers
- CAT 16 (HM) and/or 24 (HM) Graders
- CAT 6040/6060, HIT EX3600 and/or Liebherr R9800 Excavators
- CAT 7495 and/or P&H 4100 Rope Shovels
The Lewill Group is a boutique recruitment, workforce development and management company providing services tailored to the specific needs of our clients.
As a wholly Indigenous family owned business, our cultural competency is embedded throughout our company values and approach. ‘People and relationships’ are at the heart of our culture and influences how and why we do business. This is part of the Lewill difference.
Production operator benefits and perks
- 7 & 7 D/N Roster
- Camp accommodation & meals provided
- DIDO/BIBO opportunities available
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
Skills and experience to be successful as this production operator job
- Have a strong work history;
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test;
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making;
- Be reliable and a team player
To be successful, you will be required to have and provide the following:
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a production operator?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have a current Coal Board Medical check?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.