Mechanical Designer Drafter Brisbane QLD
Make a move to GHD and transform your job into a rewarding career.
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD has much to offer. Become part of a connected global network operating across five continents and the Pacific region. Passionate about exceeding the expectations of there clients and contributing to their success, GHD people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
GHD’s Mining group now has a requirement for a Mechanical Design Drafter. Based in Brisbane to be successful in this role you will hold the following attributes and experience
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- 10-12 years’ experience in materials handling solutions, pipework and other mechanical components.
- Must be a proficient user of Solid works for modelling and drawing creation
Key responsibilities and attributes include
- Preparations of mechanical drawings and models
- An eye for detail with a strong focus on the production of quality outputs
- 3D design of mining infrastructure
- Competent Solid-works skills
- Strong Auto Cad skills
- Capable of compiling / modifying Auto CAD drawing files
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound communication skills
- A solid understanding of relevant design practices and key national and international standards and codes
- Exposure to Plant3D and Pro structures will be considered favorable
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, including delegation of workload to junior team members
This role isn’t industry specific hence you don’t have to come out of a Mining environment. If you hold excellent Solidworks experience we are happy to review details.
The successful applicant with possess relevant qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (e.g. Bachelor of Technology, Associate Diploma, or similar) and have a passion for mechanical design.
What they can offer
This is a rare opportunity to join a proudly employee owned professional services company at the forefront of where the industry is headed. Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working arrangements for both men and women is central to the way GHD does business. As well as creating, a nurturing environment where people are empowered and are encouraged to bring their whole-self to work. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from inspiring colleagues as well as personalized career development through the GHD Business School.
- Staff discounts on selected health insurance, gyms, travel and accommodation
- A generous parental leave policy for both women and men
- Access to an employee assistance program
- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
Join a professional community of more than 8500 committed people who come together seamlessly and share a vision for a sustainable future.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your application on-line via www.ghd.com/careers. Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.Click Apply for Mining Job Mechanical Designer Drafter Brisbane QLD