See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining & Maintenance Underground Manager
Mining Job & Maintenance Underground Manager Mine QLD
- High performing U/G Coal operation in QLD
- Lead all operational aspects of this tier 1 asset
- Excellent salary package and benefits
Idemitsu has been operating in Australia since 1978 and owns mining operations and assets in QLD and NSW. Producing approximately 13.5 million tonnes of product per annum for domestic and export markets they are a successful and profitable mining house with a strong leadership team and balance sheet committed to the Australian resources sector.
About the Role:
Due to a recent retirement an opportunity has been created at one of Idemitsu most successful operations Ensham for a Mining & Maintenance Underground Manager. This role focuses on the Ensham underground bord & pillar operation which has 5 production units, and a stable & committed workforce.
Your area of responsibility includes operations, maintenance, health & safety & statutory requirements.
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead, plan, manage & organize production, technical services and maintenance departments along with project activities
- Meet the statutory obligations for an U/G coal operation
- Provide visible leadership across the mine, provide mentor-ship for the team, deliver operational improvements for the operation
- Manage and prepare annual budgets, provide reports on cost performance to the General Manager
- Ensure health & safety obligations & accountability are being met and strive to reduce risk across the operation
Key skills & experience required for the role:
- QLD First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency for U/G Coal (or able to obtain)
- Significant U/G coal operational experience leading production, maintenance, technical services and other teams critical to the operation of the mine
- Bord & pillar experience and/or acumen / knowledge in this area
- Strong leadership, communication and management skill set
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible location. Open to FIFO Brisbane, DIDO Bowen Basin, Emerald based
- Ensham mine is a high performing operation and you will join an experienced site based team with strong support from Idemitsu head office in Brisbane
How to apply:
Submit your resume through seek or contact Lucas Eyers for a confidential discussion.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingClick Apply for Mining Job & Maintenance Underground Manager Mine QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.