If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Fleet Maintenance Technician – Brisbane / Sydney
- 12 mths fixed full-time contract of employment (with potential to renew)
- Base Hourly rate $34-38 + O.T
- Immediate Start
- Must be based from Brisbane or Sydney
Due to continued success & growth, Sarens has an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Maintenance Technician with heavy lifting & specialized transport experience to join progressive team for a Task specific projects, mostly on the East Coast of Australia (Brisbane to Adelaide eg: Coopers Gap QLD, Carrapateena Mining Project, SA.
Sarens Australia is the branch of a worldwide group with headquarters in Belgium, strategically focused on special projects in mining, oil and gas, wind energy and construction works for heavy-lift and special transports with lattice boom cranes and self-propelled modular trailers. Find out more at www.sarens.com
The ideal applicant will be career & client focused, with a proven client service.
Responsibilities – selection criteria
- Qualified Maintenance Technician in Heavy Diesel (mechanic or fitter)
- Focus on preventative & predictive maintenance across the fleet at all times
- Strong focus on Team work ,safety, health, enviro, quality
- Provide technical expertise for fault finding, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic breakdown and assist with technical expertise in the assembly and disassembly of cranes.
Education and Experience
- Relevant industry qualification, with technical capabilities and knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engines, crane technology and maintenance.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with cranes and heavy lift equipment
- Working at Heights cert (issued in the last 2 yrs)
- Construction white-card
- Lattice Boom Crane experience and/or experience with self-propelled modular transport – highly regarded
- High Risk Lic: LF & RB highly regarded
Skills and Personality
- Motivated personality with proven organizational skills
- Skills of good judgement and decisiveness
- Able to work autonomously & a self starter
- Excellent communication skills – prior evidence required
- Must have approved working rights/ visa for Australia – evidence required
Sarens offer to you
- Point of Hire ex Brisbane or Sydney
- When on FIFO site task spec – flights (incl travel hrs), accom & all meals are paid
- 4 -1/ or 3-1 roster (with some flexibility), with some weekend work required
- Resume + detailed cover letter covering the selection criteria above & to the reason why you would be successful in this position.
- Correspondence to be addressed to the Operations Manager and submitted through SEEK only.
Due to a large volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be notifiedApply for Mining Fleet Maintenance Heavy Diesel Technician Brisbane