Maintenance Technician – Fixed Plant Mechanical
- Permanent role offering a day shift rotating roster
- Ongoing support and development provided
- Residential, coastal location – Gladstone
This role is a great opportunity for a safety focused, Mechanical Fitter/Turner who can work effectively within a team environment and is passionate about continuous improvement. Reporting to the Team Leader Mechanical,
You will be:
- Undertaking tank and filter turnarounds, alignments, Warman and Gould pump rebuilds, gear box change out and general maintenance.
- Promoting and identifying healthy, safety and environmental opportunities to improve equipment, processes and behaviours.
- Identifying and implementing improvement initiatives which will involve working with many different disciplines within the organization.
- Managing your workload and being a point of contact on jobs.
- Utilizing problem solving methodology to identify root causes and corrective actions.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Fitter and turner trade qualification with a solid background maintaining fixed plant equipment.
- Able to identify, create and review reliability improvements in mechanical equipment.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment with a commitment to safety systems and experience participating in safety programs.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Elevated Work Platform, Working at Heights, Forklift, Rigger, Dogger and Franna tickets.
- Experience working with SAP and Microsoft Outlook.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminum, one of the world’s most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, they operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world’s most modern and competitive aluminum smelters portfolio.
There industry leadership includes benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today’s carbon-constrained world.
As pioneers in mining and metals, they produce materials essential to human progress.
Long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them.
They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.Apply for Experienced Mining Fixed Plant Mechanical Maintenance Technician QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.