Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Field Technician | WA Iron Ore | FIFO 8/6
At BHP they support there people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where employees feel strongly connected to there values and objectives, and where the capability of there people is key to success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving safety performance by conducting or assisting in quality Field Leadership and material risk verification exercises
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Ensure logistics of approved Geoscience work programs are completed safely to required standards
- Delineation and signage of infrastructure including tracks, laydowns and water sources
- Flagging or pegging of heritage, environmental and program requirements
- Creation or setup of water access, laydown, caravan, generators, fuel tanks or other mobile facilities
- Undertake project closeout activities including collar cutting, collection of signage, removal of waste materials
- Maintain the relevant core yard facilities and waste management
- Assisting in surveys (including heritage / environmental)
- Field approving and entering Earthworks and drilling plods
- Support Field Supervisor in managing equipment service & maintenance and Daily work place inspections
- Escorting duties when required
- Maintaining asbestos kits
- Managing Blast clearances
- Undertake all sampling related to Geoscience operations, including the recording of information into electronic systems, sample collection, sample/core pickup and dispatch
- Photography of core or as requested by Field Supervisor
- Complete QAQC checks in the field
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Exposure to operational work in the resource industry
- Communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated team player
- Conducting quality Field Leadership
- Pit permit (desirable)
- Exposure to Geobank (desirable)
- Fork Lift licence (desirable)
- Heavy vehicles licence (desirable)
- WA Drivers licence (C Class)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, they recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of there employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Field Technician Iron Ore Operations FIFO WA