Mining Field Service Diesel Fitter
Small Brisbane based heavy equipment maintenance business servicing civil and mining customers throughout Queensland. The primary market is the OEM alternative repair and maintenance of Caterpillar mining and civil mobile equipment. Provide product and maintenance support from scoping to completion, on-site rebuilds, shut down and break down services.
About the Role
Opportunity available for an experienced, passionate and qualified field service fitter to join in the Mackay/Central Queensland region. This role will see you work at various mine site locations within the Central Queensland region.
As Field Service Fitter, your key responsibilities will include:
- Service, repair and maintain Caterpillar mining/civil equipment.
- Support all our customers and ensure they receive the highest quality service for their mobile equipment.
- Identify, suggest and implement improvement ideas for customers maintenance departments.
- Complete accurate service reports for customers maintenance records.
- Drive safety among your peers to ensure safety performance.
The following skills and experience to the role:
- Trade qualifications with extensive mines site experience on Caterpillar mining/civil equipment.
- Experience as a field service mechanic with Caterpillar dealer is preferred but not essential.
- Large shutdown and project experience.
- Outstanding communication and customer relation skills.
- The ability to work both within a team and autonomously.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience on Caterpillar Diagnostic Systems (ET, VIMS, and SIS).
- Demonstrated commitment to high levels of workplace health and safety.
- Coal board medical, STD. 11, BMA induction, Chest X-ray, site inductions preferred – exceptional candidates will be considered without.
About the Offer
MTK Heavy Equipment Maintenance offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A rewarding and challenging array of work.
- Field service vehicle with laptop, tablet and phone.
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Flight subsidizes for Brisbane based candidates.
Mining Field Service Diesel Fitter Queensland
Only candidates who meet the roles requirements will be contacted.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria please apply by clicking “APPLY NOW” and attach your current CV/Resume.
Click Apply for Mining Field Service Diesel Fitter Queensland
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.