See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Field Diesel Fitters Experienced – Rockhampton
Mining Equipment Maintenance is seeking Experienced and Enthusiastic Field Diesel Fitters for current works to join there friendly team based out of Rockhampton.
About the position:
- Rosters or floating positions available
- Choose the days you want to work when working as a floater
- Rosters – 5/4/4/5 & 7/7
- Permanent Position, includes holiday and sick pay
- ALL travel paid and site ute supplied
- Competitive remuneration + site allowance
- Get paid $96 allowance per night-shift worked!!
- Weekends paid at overtime rates PLUS site allowances!
- Working on a variety of gear at a variety of sites with in the Bowen Basin
The successful candidates must have strong knowledge and experience over a range of equipment and plant along with possessing a particular focus on quality and efficiency.
Successful applicants will require:
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Experience in hydraulics and electrics/electronics
- Component Rebuild Skills
- Current drivers license
- Current CBM & Standard 11 Induction Training or the ability to obtain.
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attitude in getting the job done within deadlines and time frames
- Be able to work autonomously and in a team environment
If you’re searching for a secure job with a great team environment then look no further!
At MEM they pride there-selves on a family orientated business with professional team players that work hard to ensure all jobs are completed to a leading quality standard.
Only candidates located in the Rockhampton and surrounding areas will be contacted.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Field Diesel Fitters Maintenance Coal Mine Rockhampton
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website