Mining Exploration Geologist – Mine Jobs NSW
Aeris Resources Limited is a mining and exploration company with two underground Aeris Resources Limited is a mining and exploration company with two underground copper mines, both within the Tritton Mines operation located near Nyngan in central NSW.
- They are a deep, high tonnage stoping and trucking operation, currently the largest of its type in NSW.
- Current mine life of four years with a 14 year track record of extension
- Having just completed a record breaking 864m vent shaft, and significant fleet upgrade, they are looking to raise the bar of mine performance.
- We are a highly productive operation with unit costs that are the envy of many other companies.
- Have a flat and open organizational structure
- Have a willingness to try new things, think outside the box and allow you to explore new ideas.
Reporting to the Exploration Superintendent, the Exploration Geologist will be responsible for
- Demonstrate a proactive safety behaviour
- Supervise the daily functions within the exploration team
- Plan and supervise field based exploration programs including drill campaigns, geophysical surveys, soil sampling and geological mapping
- Co-ordinate and manage geological inputs, and participate in exploration planning functions
- Co-ordinate and participate in reporting and communication for the exploration team
- Investigate incidents and implement corrective actions as required
- Identify, co-ordinate and participate in continuous improvement and project generation
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- Between three and ten years’ experience as a geologist, principally working in a hard rock environment
- Experience in exploration geology, with a strong understanding of fundamental geology principals
- Experience using Mapinfo, Surpac and Acquire is desirable
If you have the above experience and qualifications, please click APPLY to lodge your application. Inquiries should be directed to the Human Resources team.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mining Exploration Geologist Trucking Operation Nyngan NSW
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.