See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
FIFO Opportunities Mining Construction site in QLD
Morris (Division of Sodexo) has 50 years’ experience providing quality remote village and asset management services to the mining and construction sectors. Morris is an established service provider of accommodation management, catering services, cleaning services and facilities management that is trusted to maintain the highest standards no matter what the conditions.
At Morris, they know it is there people that make successful and strive to provide a supportive and enriching environment where the employees can succeed and feel genuinely valued.
As a result of continued growth in the Bowen Basin, they are searching for diversely talented and enthusiastic people to contribute to continuing success.
They currently have several exciting opportunities for Qualified Chefs to join the team at new site in Bowen, Qld. All roles will be fixed term for 6 months
The position of Qualified Chef will see you responsible for the following:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting meals, including crib meals, breads and pastries.
- Ensure that food safety standards are met at all times and that there is a strong focus on maintaining a high quality of catering service to meet both Morris and client requirements.
- Support the Head Chef and Site Management team with budgets, stock management and ordering of supplies.
- Ensure the kitchen is HSE compliant by leading a strong culture of safety in line with Morris Corporation’s values.
Are you the right person for this position?
- Trade Specific Qualifications in cookery
- Strong previous experience in a volume catering/cooking role, preferably in a remote or site based environment (approx. 3 years)
- A strong commitment to high standards of customer service, integrity and safety at all times
- Solid communication and relationship building skills that enable you to lead influence and motivate other team members effectively.
- HACCP knowledge and certification would be advantageous as would experience in function catering.
What’s on offer?
- FIFO ex Brisbane on a roster cycle of 14 days on, 7 days off
- Full time/Fixed term role for 6 months
- Fantastic lifestyle onsite with accommodation and meals provided whilst on swing.
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- Ongoing career development
All Candidates must have Australian or New Zealand Residency and will be subject to a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment including drug and alcohol test. A national police clearance with a validity of 3 months may be required.
Morris is an equal opportunity employer. Morris aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous Australians and they encourage Indigenous people to apply for this and other positions.
For more information about their company visit www.morriscorp.com.au.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Apply for Mining Experienced FIFO Opportunities construction mine QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.