If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Maintenance Coalfields
Mining Excavators Diesel Fitter Maintenance Coalfields
Mitchell’s Heavy Reparis provides reliable and experienced personnel to carry out onsite maintenance and repairs of heavy earthmoving equipment. Due to the increase for support required across the Bowen Basin, they are seeking experienced diesel fitters to continue servicing client.
You will be required to:
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and diagnostics and fault finding of large mining excavators in a safe and timely manner
- Carry out machine relocations, shutdowns and new assemblies
- Be flexible with work hours, with overtime required during peak periods
- Must be reliable, self motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
To be considered for these positions, the applicant should have:
- Relevant Mechanical or Diesel Fitting Trade Qualification
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Drivers License
- Experience on CAT, Komatsu, Liebherr and Hitachi
- Strong Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Strong Focus on Safety and Contamination Control
In addition, the following will be favourable:
- Current MR Drivers License
- Local candidates from the Bowen Basin
- Current RII Competencies ie WAH, Telehandler
- Current High Risk Licenses ie EWP, Forklift, dogging
A service vehicle will be provided as well as meals and accommodation whilst on site. Roster positions as well as project work.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Excavators Diesel Fitter Maintenance Coalfields
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.