Mining Environment Officer – FIFO Cairns
Mining Environment Officer Bauxite Hills Mine FIFO Cairns
As a degree qualified Environment Officer/Engineer you are someone who is happiest when you are out on the ground, working in and on the environment, but more importantly someone who likes to go beyond simply reporting and who likes being encouraged to generate solutions. You enjoy variety in your work and will find the broad range of activities in this role attractive.
Observing, recording, reporting and planning for both the mine and the marine aspects of the project will include everything from pre-clearance surveys to marine fauna spotting tasks, overseeing mine rehabilitation activities to controlling weeds and feral animals and even managing the camp composting facilities.
Your role will include maintaining the GIS database for relevant environmental data and updating the rehabilitation plan for financial assurance plans.
As part of the Production, Planning and Control team and reporting to the senior Environment Officer, your involvement in the planning engine means that your input will be important. The key to success in this role will be your ability to get the processes right and to be able to offer solutions to challenges.
Ideally you will have had experience of managing environmental incidents previously so that you can use that experience to modify the processes so that the incidents are less likely to occur here.
They don’t need someone who will simply report a problem; they want ways to resolve an issue. It will be your work that ensures that the mine complies with Environment Authority and Commonwealth Environment approvals.
Metro Mining is developing the Bauxite Hills Mine in the Cape York peninsular near the Skardon River. The role will be FIFO from Cairns on a 8/6 (days) roster. Although current plans have the mine operating only through the dry season this is a permanent full time role.
- Bachelors’ degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent GIS skills
- Current open drivers license
- Proven experience with extensive field based environmental monitoring, assessment and reporting
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Proven experience working successfully with State and Commonwealth regulators
- Weed spraying license
- A current HR license
- A current first aid certificate
- Current snake handler/snake catching certification
- EMS and/or Environmental Auditor certification
- Drone operators / remote pilot certification
- Environmental monitoring certificate / diploma / short course
As a company with a strong commitment to diversity we welcome applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidates.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Mining Environment Officer Bauxite Hills Mine FIFO Cairns