Mining Engineer Water Projects – FIFO Mine Job
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, their world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership.
With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking an Engineer Water Projects to join the group. The role will provide support within Water Management for the development of water supply, dewatering, flood control and associated infrastructure at Roy Hill mine site. A key component will be to maintain direct supervision of the contractors who will complete the works. This role will take responsibility to ensure the contracts are completed to the required standard within the required time frame; whilst adhering to all Roy Hill process and procedures and addressing technical queries with the design team.
Accountability will include:
- Participate in engineering reviews of proposed water infrastructure, including detailed design
- Support the development and delivery of installation packages including risk assessments
- Provide technical advice to site operations and maintenance teams
- Proactively identify and recommend appropriate solutions and improvements
- Provide daily inspection reports
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Engineer along with the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or; an equivalent trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience with water distribution and civil infrastructure construction within the mining industry
- Project and contractor management experience
- Experience in the Pilbara Region dealing with development and operation of large scale mine dewatering and water delivery systems
- Knowledge of Surface water control and flood mitigation, Civil earthworks and Water quality and treatment systems
‘The Real Offer’
There people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and there success. They are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. They promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination.
Would you like to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia. Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Mining Engineer Water Projects | FIFO Mine Pilbara WA