Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Engineer Open Pit Job – Gold Coast QLD
Minjar Gold Pty Ltd is an emerging gold producer with operations in Western Australia and North Queensland. With parent company based in China, Minjar Gold has embarked on bold expansion plans as they seek to become a mid-tier gold producer in Australia.
Minjar Gold’s acquisition of the Pajingo Gold mine in North Queensland was an important step on there growth journey. The Pajingo mine is around 75km from Charters Towers and currently employs around 200 people to run the underground mining and ore processing operations. Charters Towers is close to Townsville and the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. It also offers excellent schooling opportunities and has all of the facilities you would expect for a large regional township.
Supporting current expansion strategy for the Pajingo Mine, they are seeking an open pit mining engineer to join on a full time permanent basis on a 5/2 and 4/3 roster, ideally, they are searching for someone who would either like to move to Charters Towers or do a DIDO from Townsville or similar.
Reporting into the Open Pit Superintendent, this role is responsible for the technical engineering support to the open pit mining team.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills, qualifications & personal attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mine Engineering
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and influencing skills
- Applying expertise and technology
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- The ability to adapt and respond to changes in timely and accurate manner
- Practical risk assessment and control implementation skills
- Be a competent user of at least one mine planning software package eg. Deswick, Surpac, or Vulcan
- The ability to prioritize a conflicting work schedule while consistently maintaining high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good computer literacy, including spreadsheet and database development, including advanced MS word and Excel skills
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake and check Open Pit drill & blast designs
- Implement systems to monitor, report and help manage open pit operations
- Prepare and communicate medium and short term open pit mining schedules
- Undertake and report reconciliation evaluation
- Ensure all new designs, updates and changes to design are well communicated with all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all environmental procedures and standards
- Conduct regular safety inspections and attend regular team safety meetings., including promoting safe work practices and a healthy and safe workplace
Mining Engineer Open Pit Job Pajingo Gold mine QLD
Minjar Gold offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work within a growing company with strong values and a hardworking culture. Due to the high volume of applications expected they will only contact the most suitable candidates, however thank everyone in advance for taking the time to apply. Candidates must have the right to reside and work in Australia.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Apply for Mining Engineer – Open Pit
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Mining Engineer – Open Pit Job – Pajingo Gold mine QLD