Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Engineer – Coal & Partings
Yancoal Australia is a leading coal company in Australia, with 3.5 billion tonnes of resources and 697 million tonnes of reserves. Yancoal Australia boasts a diversified product mix of metallurgical and thermal coal with mines throughout New South Wales, Western Australia and Queensland.
Yancoal currently employs approximately 5500 people across its operations. At Yancoal people are most valuable asset and they invest in people and focus on developing management and leadership talent throughout operations.
The Mining Engineer – Coal & Partings is responsible for the operational performance of coal mining reserving, schedule sequence, quality and recovery of coal to achieve mining targets. The position is also responsible for providing technical knowledge regarding geotechnical risk, with the assistance of external and internal geotechnical content experts.
This is a residential role, working Monday – Friday, that will require the successful person to live in the local area around the mine.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Mine Planning, including the development of geological models (short & medium term), schedules and mine design for Coal Planning.
- Reporting, including production data and providing physicals and recovery calculations for coal (reconciliation).
- Assisting with the formulation of production forecasts and budgets.
- Maintaining production tracking database.
- Developing and evaluating mine design for mining functions.
- Providing technical support in relation to the monitoring of dump and face movements and coal seam locations.
- Liaising with regional resources regarding exploration and geology functions.
- Completing geological modelling of coal (strip basis to update short/med term model).
- Maintaining surveyed coal surfaces and providing monthly analysis of tonnage mined, survey accuracy and geological model accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Developing skills pertaining to mining software packages and engineering practices.
- Demonstrated skills in geological modelling.
- Demonstrated skills in geotechnical analysis.
- Hazard identification and responsive to safety issues.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Experienced in the provision of geological and geotechnical applications within an open cut coal mining environment.
- Experienced in geology modelling for short term mine design.
- Experience in a mine planning environment.
- Tertiary Degree in Engineering/Geological Science or similar.
- Geotechnical training preferred
- Current QLD open drivers license – Manual.
- Desirable – Generic Surface Induction (Standard 11 Induction Training).
Applications close 29th August 2018 and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
They reserve the right to close the advertisement for this position before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a full medical assessment, including drug and alcohol test, and provide proof of mandatory qualifications and eligibility to work in Australia.Apply for Mining Engineer Coal Mine Production Maintenance QLD