You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Contractor Operator Trade Assistant Maintenance
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight they work closely with customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. Their focus on gender inclusiveness is more than just recognizing difference; it’s about leveraging this difference, and tapping into the diverse perspectives and approaches of all our stakeholders. This is reflected by strategic focus to achieve an increase in female participation across the company.
There employees receive a range of benefits, from financial incentives such as salary sacrificing and paid parental leave; well-being incentives such as discounted health insurance; career development programs such as study assistance, mentoring and tailored training programs and lifestyle incentives such as consumer discounts with several popular retailers.
This role exists as a unique opportunity for someone who has experience operating mechanical and electrical haul trucks coupled with an administration or warehousing background.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Trades People to conduct brake and in field testing on heavy earth moving equipment
- Assisting operations with transferring heavy earthmoving equipment between the Workshop and Go-Lines
- Supporting the Maintenance Department with procurement and parts management for the purpose of breakdowns and services
Candidates must have
- Robust commitment to safe work practices and compliance
- Mechanical and electrical truck experience essential
- Drivers License essential
- Forklift ticket highly regarded
- Systems experience with 1SAP highly regarded
- Previous warehousing or administration experience highly regarded
- Effective communication skills within a diverse environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with a flair to work well under pressure
In Return they can Offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- 7/7 roster, 12 hour shifts – Day/Night rotations
- Camp accommodation and meals provided at Leichhardt Village
- Bus in bus out of Mackay with a direct service to the Coast
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Belinda Black on 07 3026 6709.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining contractor Truck Operator Maintenance Trade Assistant QLD