Mining Contractor Operator Trade Assistant Maintenance
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight they work closely with customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. Their focus on gender inclusiveness is more than just recognizing difference; it’s about leveraging this difference, and tapping into the diverse perspectives and approaches of all our stakeholders. This is reflected by strategic focus to achieve an increase in female participation across the company.
There employees receive a range of benefits, from financial incentives such as salary sacrificing and paid parental leave; well-being incentives such as discounted health insurance; career development programs such as study assistance, mentoring and tailored training programs and lifestyle incentives such as consumer discounts with several popular retailers.
This role exists as a unique opportunity for someone who has experience operating mechanical and electrical haul trucks coupled with an administration or warehousing background.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Trades People to conduct brake and in field testing on heavy earth moving equipment
- Assisting operations with transferring heavy earthmoving equipment between the Workshop and Go-Lines
- Supporting the Maintenance Department with procurement and parts management for the purpose of breakdowns and services
Candidates must have
- Robust commitment to safe work practices and compliance
- Mechanical and electrical truck experience essential
- Drivers License essential
- Forklift ticket highly regarded
- Systems experience with 1SAP highly regarded
- Previous warehousing or administration experience highly regarded
- Effective communication skills within a diverse environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with a flair to work well under pressure
In Return they can Offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- 7/7 roster, 12 hour shifts – Day/Night rotations
- Camp accommodation and meals provided at Leichhardt Village
- Bus in bus out of Mackay with a direct service to the Coast
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Belinda Black on 07 3026 6709.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mining contractor Truck Operator Maintenance Trade Assistant QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.