Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Minerals Principal Closure Planning
At BHP they support there people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where there employees feel strongly connected to their values and objectives, and where the capability of the people is key to success.
About the role
The Closure Planning team is accountable for closure management plans and cost estimates, integration of closure requirements in strategic and tactical planning, developing and improving governance processes and providing input into water planning and mine development studies and environmental assessments. Working closely with other planning and operational groups, the multidisciplinary team (mine planners, geologists, environmental scientists, civil and environmental engineers) provides the data and technical insights for successful closure management. This team is also central to the external reporting, relationships and strategy for Closure and Rehabilitation stewardship.
They are seeking a highly motivated person to be a Principal in the Closure Planning team, reporting to the Manager Closure Planning. In this role you will lead studies, support cost estimation and provide planning guidance that contributes to development, update and implementation of closure plans for operations. It is an important role in business that highly values early planning and progressive implementation of closure and rehabilitation activities. The role, based in Brisbane will predominantly support the QLD and NSW Coal operations with opportunity to contribute to the broader MinAus portfolio including Western Australian Iron Ore and Olympic Dam. Your leadership and technical expertise will contribute to effective engagement of technical specialists and external stakeholders in closure planning and integration of closure requirements into business activities.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A degree in geoscience, engineering, or environmental science
- Extensive leadership and project management experience
- Familiarity with financial aspects of closure planning closure and rehabilitation policy and regulations in NSW or QLD highly regarded
- Familiarity with mining and corporate planning processes advantageous
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing studies or work programs essential
- Sound grasp of technical problem solving coupled with the ability to develop solutions that account for uncertainty and risk
- Strong communication skills; formal and informal, verbal and written
- Ability to identify and understand relevant health, safety, environment, and community risks in the work you perform and the plans you prepare
- Establish clear goals and responsibilities and hold yourself and others accountable
- Identify and focus on the critical few things that add the most value, reduce complexity and remove low-value work
The role is based in Brisbane multi award winning offices. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office with state of the art facilities plus bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers, change rooms and other amenities.
Supporting a diverse workforce
They know there are many aspects of employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. Join them and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and a generous parental leave policy, which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40366452
- They reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply Minerals Principal Closure Planning Australia Brisbane