This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisor / Open Cut Mining Examiner
Yancoal Australia is a leading coal company in Australia, with 3.5 billion tonnes of resources & 697 million tonnes of reserves. Yancoal boasts a diversified product mix of metallurgical & thermal coal with mines in New South Wales, Western Australia & Queensland having recently becoming the largest pure play coal producer in Australia.
Yancoal currently employs approximately 5,000 people across its operations. People are most valuable asset & invest in people & focus on developing management & leadership talent throughout their operations.
Yarrabee Coal Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yancoal Australia, based in Blackwater Queensland, 2 hours drive west of Rockhampton. They currently have an exciting opportunity for 2 x Supervisor / OCE’s to join growing team.
The Supervisor/Open Cut Examiner will be required to directly supervise the mining crews in relation to daily operations and to achieve a high level of production in a safe and efficient manner. The Supervisor/ Open Cut
Examiner is also required to support the Site Leadership Team, and the Site Senior Executive to manage the mine in accordance with the requirements of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999, the Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulations 2001 and the Sites Health Management System.
Skills and Experience
Reporting to the Mining Manager, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. You will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated high level of communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance.
- Able to manage, coach and lead operators and establish an effective team.
- Able to demonstrate courage to uphold standards, policies and procedures.
- Basic computer literacy – able to use MS Office suite of programs
Experience / Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of the QLD Coal Mining Legislation and how they pertain to individual and supervisor obligations.
- Demonstrated understanding of associated plant & machinery within the mining environment and how to apply “best” fit of same.
- Previous experience in providing leadership to effect project and operational success in an Open Cut Mining environment.
- Experienced in leading personnel in a mining environment, including prioritizing tasks and allocation of same to crew members.
- Well-developed operating skills on a wide range of earthmoving equipment.
- OCE Certificate (granted under the Coal Mining Act 1925 or OCE Certificate of Competency granted under the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999)
- Current Open Class Drivers License (mandatory)
- Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction – Surface
- S1, S2 & S3 and G2 (mandatory)
- Senior First Aid Certificate or higher
They reserve the right to close the advertisement for this position before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
If this sounds like you then apply now
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mine Supervisor Open Cut Coal Mining Examiner Blackwater QLD