See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mine Site Cleaner Regional QLD Mackay & Coalfields
Do you have cleaning experience?
Have you always wanted to work in the mines?
Here’s your chance. WorkPac are searching for Cleaners to work in the Mackay Coalfields at selected Bowen Basin mines.
It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures.
If you want to stand a chance at getting an interview, make certain you have the following checked off your list;
– You have your own accommodation in Moranbah
– You have 3-5 years previous experience as a cleaner preferred
– You have a Current Standard 11 Induction Training
– Your Current Coal Board Medical is up to date
– You have a current Driver’s Licence
– You can work rotating rosters without whinging
– You will contribute and work positively in a team environment
– You have a solid work history and can commit to working for us
This is a good opportunity for experienced and committed operators to work with a large and well-respected mining recruiter.
WorkPac want to attract the best candidates to it is important to pay attention to your resume. Make sure it is up to date and is relevant to the “Mine Site Cleaner Job Regional QLD Mackay & Coalfields” you are applying for.
We are searching to shortlist the right candidates soon, so make sure you download this guide on how to prepare your resume before sending it in to us.
If you are called in for an interview, you will increase your chances of being offered a position if you understand what to expect at the interview. If you’re a little unsure of what to expect, then read the following guide on how to prepare for an interview with us.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list