See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mine Plant Mechanic $43.54 ph Flat Rate, Bowen Basin Mine QLD
Workfast is searching for Experienced Mine Plant Mechanics, Mechanical Fitters, Diesel Mechanics or Service Technicians with a maintenance fitter background in the central Queensland area to work on the Caval Ridge Mine Site in Bowen Basin QLD.
This work involves the servicing and upgrading of the operating machinery in the areas of civil construction and mining. The flat rate of pay is $43.54 per hour plus Superannuation. Workers must hold an HR license.
This role is casual with full-time hours working on a 2 week on, 1 week off roster for DIDO or FIFO workers, or 5 days per week for local workers. Applicants should have at least 2 years experience as a Service Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Fitter, Diesel Mechanic or Plant Mechanic and ideally have a mining background.
- $43.54 Flat Rate + Superannuation
- Service Technician
- Machinery maintenance and upgrades
- Caval Ridge Mine Site
- Rii Tickets required
- ASAP start
- Local, DIDO and FIFO work available
- 2 years Service Technician Background or
- 2 years Mechanical Fitter Background or
- 2 years Maintenance Fitter Background or
- 2 years Diesel Mechanic Background or
- 2 years Plant Mechanic Background
- Ideally have a mining background.
- HR license
- Mining background
- BMA Core induction or BMA Caval Ridge induction Required
- Current QLD coal board medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Drivers license
- White Card
- Own transport – able to get to site
- Must be reliable and fit the team well.
- Be able to get to site in Central QLD, either DIDO, FIFO or residential
- Plant machinery service and maintenance on the Caval Ridge mining site – earthworks
- Plant mechanic work
- Diesel mechanic work
- Maintenance fitting
- Machinery checks and updates
- Working alongside a team of Operators
- General mining and operation work
Workfast is a labour hire company working with some of Australia’s leading companies. We operate in all states of Australia and our employees work in all industries. When you join our team we make sure that you’re well looked after, paid well and that we follow all Australian Fairwork standards.
If you are interested in applying for the Caval Ridge Mine Plant Mechanic FIFO, DIDO job please click the link to apply. For questions, contact Ben at 0447 199 489.
- Service Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Diesel Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Fitter: 2 years (Preferred)
License or certification:
- White Card (Required)
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mine Plant Mechanic Flat Rate Bowen Basin Mining QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.