Mine Monitoring Controller – FIFO Role
They are looking for Mine Control Officers for this short-term contract to take accountability in supporting the operational teams, helping them to safely achieve mining targets by assigning and distributing mining equipment efficiently and effectively.
Based in FNQ this is a FIFO role offering a 1 week on and 1 week off roster. Working 12 hours day shifts. There could be the opportunity for a contract extension however at this stage 3 months from start can only be guaranteed.
What the role entails
This role is for an experienced Mine Controller with experience in the following:
- Assigning and prioritizing mining equipment while considering changing priorities and conditions, mine haul lengths and equipment availability
- Applying discretionary intervention to maximize production through pro-active identification of opportunities to reduce operational delays
- Working closely with operational leaders to allow optimization of the production process
- Ensuring integrity and accuracy of all captured data within the fleet management system
- Ensuring the consistent application of Mine Monitoring & Control practices as defined in the RTAW MMC guidelines
- Monitoring and troubleshooting any problems with the fleet management system on a shift to shift basis.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Manual ‘C’ Class driving license
- Experience with a mining dispatch or fleet management systems
- Experience with machine guidance systems
- A high level of computer literacy and verbal communication is required
Please apply with your up to date resume and will be in touch upon shortlisting.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Mine Monitoring Controller Mining Production FIFO QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.