Mine Geologist Underground Mining Job in Queensland
Minjar Gold is a privately owned Australian gold explorer, developer and producer who has been operating since 2009 and is focused on gold exploration and production in both Western Australia and Queensland. Due to exciting growth and expansion plans, they are currently searching to recruit a Mine Geologist to join Pajingo operation.
The Pajingo mine is around 75km from Charters Towers and currently employs around 200 people to run the underground mining, open cut and ore processing operations. Charters Towers is close to Townsville and the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. It also offers excellent schooling opportunities and has all of the facilities you would expect for a large regional township. This is a permanent full time role based in Charters Towers on an 8/6 lifestyle roster on either a residential basis in Charters Towers or DIDO from Townville.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, you will be responsible for maintaining and managing the daily geological mine activities.
Successful in this role you will possess the following skills, qualifications & personal attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in geology or geosciences
- Experience in mine geology and grade control practices
- Understanding of relevant sections of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations Key Competencies
- A solid understanding of drilling techniques and methodologies inclusive of sampling and submission procedures
- RC and diamond core logging skills with regards to rock and mineral identification
- Competency with at least one mine planning software package, preferably Vulcan and AcQuire
- An understanding of mining techniques and methodologies, so as to aid in the best extraction of minimally diluted ore
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Learn, develop and use the mine geological processes in a manner that achieves and or exceeds specified goals, cost and safety targets
- Ensure that the Geology team supports the Mining Department to optimize the extraction of the mineral resource
- Conduct daily Underground grade control activities including face sampling, sludge sampling, mapping and area inspections
- Accurately collect, record and enter data on a daily basis
- Assist to maintain and validate mineral resource models, grade control systems and geological databases as required
- As required, prepare and report accurate and timely reconciliation of grade control and block model tonnes and grade
- Involvement in End of Month reporting if required
- Assist with planning, managing and logging resource definition drilling programs to identify gold distribution and geometry within the mine operation to allow timely mine planning
- Ensure compliance with environmental procedures and standards
- Adhere to all site safety rules and Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act and Regulations
- Maintain a positive attitude towards safety in the work place and increase safety awareness, implement safety training and promotions and set an example for others
Minjar Gold offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work within a growing company with strong values and a hardworking culture.
Due to the high volume of applications expected they will only contact the most suitable candidates, we however thank everyone in advance for taking the time to apply. Candidates must have the right to reside and work in Australia. They respectfully request no agency submissions.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mine Geologist Underground Mining DIDO Townville QLD