You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mine Electrician Jobs Bowen Basin
Core Contracting Services are searching for skilled Electricians with proven construction and/or industrial experience. Core will be shortlisting immediately for mobilisation mid-August, to commence work on various mine sites, for DIDO within the Bowen Basin.
What is needed to be successful in this role?
- QLD Electrical license
- 3 years + demonstrated experience as an Electrician in an industrial environment
- Ability to read / interpret & follow site drawings
- Experience on mine site projects is highly desirable
- Excellent work ethic combined with a faultless OH&S record
- Physically fit / flexible attitude / ability to work well within a team
- Ability to pass a Coalboard Medical including random Drug & Alcohol testing
- Two contactable referees within last 12 months of employment
What tickets and qualifications are needed?
- Current QLD Electrical licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Drivers Licence
- Current LVR/CPR
Desirable, Qualifications and Experience:
- WAH experience & qualification
- EWP experience & qualification
- Electrical experience in large scale commercial and /or industrial works
- Installing cable ladders, brackets, lights, electrical devices, terminating cables and verification testing
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training induction.
- Current Mine Site Medical.
About the Company:
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list