Mine Electrician Jobs Bowen Basin
Core Contracting Services are searching for skilled Electricians with proven construction and/or industrial experience. Core will be shortlisting immediately for mobilisation mid-August, to commence work on various mine sites, for DIDO within the Bowen Basin.
What is needed to be successful in this role?
- QLD Electrical license
- 3 years + demonstrated experience as an Electrician in an industrial environment
- Ability to read / interpret & follow site drawings
- Experience on mine site projects is highly desirable
- Excellent work ethic combined with a faultless OH&S record
- Physically fit / flexible attitude / ability to work well within a team
- Ability to pass a Coalboard Medical including random Drug & Alcohol testing
- Two contactable referees within last 12 months of employment
What tickets and qualifications are needed?
- Current QLD Electrical licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Drivers Licence
- Current LVR/CPR
Desirable, Qualifications and Experience:
- WAH experience & qualification
- EWP experience & qualification
- Electrical experience in large scale commercial and /or industrial works
- Installing cable ladders, brackets, lights, electrical devices, terminating cables and verification testing
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training induction.
- Current Mine Site Medical.
About the Company:
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.