Mill Supervisor Mining QLD
Consolidated Tin owns and operates the Mount Garnet mine site in north Queensland. With a 1 million per annum concentrator that produces lead, zinc and copper concentrates, Consolidated Tin has an opportunity for an experienced Mill Supervisor to join the processing team. Reporting to the Processing Superintendent.
Mill Supervisors will have responsibility:
- Monitor operating conditions in the processing plant and make adjustments to maximise grades and recoveries,
- Conduct shift inspections of the tailings storage facility,
- Ensure staff resources are maximised and staff members undertake appropriate training and development so they are skilled efficiently to perform allocated duties,
- Overview, provide direction and act as a technical reference point and mentor for staff while ensuring work outputs are in line with strategic and business plans,
- Be responsible for implementing and ongoing monitoring of performance and development review plans for all direct reports,
- Be accountable for the initiation of any disciplinary action or reward recognition for staff under direct supervision within the work unit,
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards through training and development of staff and promoting by example,
- Inspect and Audit work areas and practices for compliance with Site Standards, Procedures, Policies,
- Train and assess personnel’s competency in production tasks,
- Issue work permits and ensure compliance with site standard operating procedures,
- Conduct area specific inductions for all new personnel in accordance with site policies,
The successful candidate will require:
- A flexible team-based approach to the role and Company operations in general;
- Confidence and self-motivation, and the ability to work as an integral member of the processing team;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Metalliferous Processing with exposure to crushers, grinding mills, flotation and tailings disposal.
- Previous supervision experience in a processing operation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Standards and the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act and Regulations.
- S1,S2, and S3, and current fist aide desirable
- Manual Driver’s License;
- The Process Supervisor is a full-time permanent role on an 8 days on /6 days off then 7 nights on/7 days off roster with a competitive salary.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
How to apply
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for Mill Supervisor Mining jobs Tin Mining Cairns QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.