Metallurgy Superintendent Jobs QLD
$170,000 – $199,999 Full Time
New Century are posting Superintendent Metallurgy jobs to join their team in QLD. This position will be offered on a 16:12 roster based on site at Century Mine and offers $170,000 – $199,999 a year.
Metallurgy Superintendent Jobs QLD will be responsible for:
- Managing and improving the metallurgical and operational performance of the Processing Plant and Pipeline by providing technical support to Operations and Maintenance teams
- Implementing operating strategies and identify opportunities for improvement whilst managing routine tasks and reporting requirements
- Strongly focussing on meeting safety, cost and performance targets whilst maintaining alignment with the values & behaviours
- Ensuring the integrity and operability of the Metallurgy Laboratory and online analysis systems ensuring they are maintained to assist with assessing the performance of the operation
Key accountabilities shall include:
- Manage and coach a team of metallurgists and met technicians in the performance of their duties by providing leadership and identifying needs for their ongoing professional and personal development
- Monitoring and improving the metallurgical performance of the Processing Plant by providing technical support to Operations to optimise grade/recovery, reduce treatment costs and improve safety
- Identify and solving operational bottlenecks in the process
- Assist in the design and improvement of operational philosophy for improved efficiency/effectiveness
- Identify issues with equipment performance and initiate corrective actions when performance falls outside of specifications
- Responsible for consumables usage and reconciliations
- Lead the production forecasting process for the Plant
- Implement process improvement ideas and deliver metallurgical projects to meet budget and forecast deliverables
- Assist with implementing metallurgical test work programs and plant sampling to diagnose process issues and identify areas for process improvement
- Maintain and develop the online analysis systems in the Plant
- Engaging with business partners to ensure seamless operational management of the Plant
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met and accurate records maintained to meet Company standards and ensure statutory compliance
Applicants shall possess the following qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Tertiary degree in Metallurgy or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within various Metallurgical base metal positions
- Contractor Management and Metallurgical accounting
- Commissioning or post commissioning experience
- Base metals flotation and project management
- Scheduling and production planning.
- Budgeting, forecasting and cost management
- Familiarisation with online analysers for assaying and grind size measurement.
- Process control systems
- Change management and continuous improvement
- Troubleshooting/problem solving with strong decision making skills
- Setting priorities, monitoring, evaluation and feedback on team performance
- Effective communication with strong written and report writing skills
- Understanding of asset management, safety and environmental practices and regulations
- Current C Class Driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- S1, S2 & S3
Benefits of working for Metallurgy Superintendent Jobs QLD:
- Competitive remuneration
- Performance incentives
- Salary packaging
- Smart TV’s in bedrooms
- Two gyms on site
About the Company:
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. They will use their metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to carry out operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, they rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by their people to achieve world class outcomes.
Why get your Supervisor qualifications?
This Supervisor course will give you the qualifications to help you step up into a more responsible role as a leading hand, Supervisor or a designated Site Safety and Health Representative.
As a S1, S2 & S3 qualified Supervisor, you’re viewed as a trusted manager/team leader. Someone who can be relied upon to get things done as well as someone who knows their job and can manage people in a natural and nonthreatening way.
Supervisor roles also get you ready for much bigger pay cheques!
Apply Here for Metallurgy Superintendent Jobs QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.