This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Technicians / Fitters Job Brisbane QLD
- Casual ongoing assignments
- Opportunities nationally
- Working in the Oil & Gas Industry
Contract Resources, established in 1989, is a rapidly growing global organization which provides specialized Industrial and Mechanical services to Refineries, Petrochemical and Industrial Plants and has offices based in Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East. Safety is at the heart of their company culture and services include, Catalyst Handling and Mechanical Services, Tank and Environmental Services, Industrial Coatings and Pipeline Services.
Contract Resources continues to grow and set new standards and as a result they are currently searching for experienced Mechanical Technicians / Fitters to work on a Shutdown/Turnarounds in various locations all across Australia and New Zealand. Over the coming months and until December will be on boarding staff for these projects, with an opportunity for ongoing work and employment available locally after this time.
Experience and Skills that are searching for:
- Performing preventive maintenance on industrial equipment – mainly diesel powered
- Providing in-field service/repair / diagnosis on equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic fault-finding skills
- Working autonomously and self-motivated
- Planning work and carrying out parts and equipment requisitions as necessary
- Strong commitment to workplace health and safety
- Ability to be punctual, reliable and fit to work
- Ability to complete documentation related to inspection sheets, certificates and note work incidents
- Ability to carry out work within the agreed schedule and at flexible times
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders for efficient repair and service
- Complying with existing working practices, methods and procedures
- C Class, HR, MR and forklift License
- Tickets including: Enter Confined Spaces, Working at Heights, High Risk Work, Construction (White) Card
- Trade Certificate III (Fitting
The following would be advantageous:
- Vacuum truck and HPW experience
- Centrifugal and Diaphragm Pump repair
The successful candidate will be trade qualified Mechanical Technician / Fitter with considerable experience preferably working within the oil and gas industry or similar. Knowledge of automotive, electric, hydraulic and pneumatic systems would be desirable. You will also be required to possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with strict deadlines and time frames.
They will train you to the world’s best practices in the specialized services we provide to international clients throughout Australia and overseas. They offer an excellent remuneration package as well as the opportunity to work for a fast growing and international company.
You will be required to complete a satisfactory pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role with a dynamic, growing organization, please register forward your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mechanical Technicians Fitters Maintenance Brisbane QLD