BHP Western Australia Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland. BHP celebrates and actively promotes diversity of thought at all levels and closely adheres to a series of core values outlined in Company Charter
Non Process Infrastructure (NPI) ensures potable water infrastructure is operated, maintained and governed to meet relevant Regulatory, Corporate and Internal management requirements. The provision of safe and reliable drinking water is an important organizational goal.
The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for conducting both planned and unplanned maintenance on water infrastructure in accordance with BHP policies and procedures.
Reporting to the NPI Water Supervisor, your duties will include:
- Demonstrate dedication and conformance to the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on water treatment and distribution infrastructure (pumps, valves, pipelines, chemical dosing systems, gas chlorination equipment)
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Assist the Supervisor in identifying and implementing initiatives that commit value to the business from an NPI Water Services maintenance perspective, ensuring compliance to the Change Management Procedure
- Ensure area tooling and equipment required for water assets works are in working condition according to the manufacturer’s requirements and tested to the site requirements
You will work in an inclusive environment where you will work collaboratively and be supported to grow and develop. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded people who want to make a difference with a strong focus on continuous improvement. You will have a willingness to learn and develop your skills towards obtaining the following formal qualifications:
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Mechanical Trade Certificate (Fitting, Plumbing etc)
- Valid Australian “C” class driver’s license
- Working in a team environment
- Enthusiastic and forward thinking mindset
You will be based at the Non Process Infrastructure (NPI) office located at our Mining Area C Operations on a 8/6 fly-in fly-out roster from Perth. In the NPI team you would be working alongside a committed and outcomes focused team that dedicatedly approaches the challenges they face. The team is passionate about achieving the intention of our company charter in every job and challenges are seen as opportunities for improvement.
The excellent facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts, netted cricket pitch and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and to encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements.
How to apply
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply for Mechanical Technician|IO Asset|MAC|8/6 Roster