This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Job Information category.
Mechanical Supervisor Mining Jobs Mackay
S123 & G2 Mining Coordinator Roles Mackay & Coalfields
OneKey are seeking underground mechanical coordinators/supervisors for an underground mine site in the Bowen Basin near Middlemount. If you’ve got your S123 & G2 qualifications and listed experience be sure to get over a resume!
To be successful in this mining role, you must have:
- Proven UG Belt installation coordination experience (3 years min) or Supervisor with more than 5 years’ experience
- Overhauls of conveyors and conveyor systems
- Ongoing contractor management – Belt installs
- UG verification of progress
- Oversee commissioning and Installation
- Planning – short term and long term
- Forecast and Budgeting
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving deadlines and budgets
- Experience with UG conveyors installation and trouble shooting
- Ability to read CAD drawings
- Experience in conveyor installation design and overhauls
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Proven Project management experience
- Flexibility in the roster
- Project Management qualifications
- SAP, Fewzion and MS Project Skills
The qualifications/certifications required include:
- Australian Trades Certificate
- Current S123 & G2 qualifications
- Underground Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current Driver’s License
These supervisor roles offer:
- Ongoing work – Immediate Start
- Flexible with roster arrangements (Mon to Fri) some weekend works require.
- Meals and Camp provided
- $95 – $97 Per Hour + Super on all Rostered Hours
- DIDO to Camp
About the mining company:
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list