Mechanical Reliability Engineer
About the role
Reporting to the senior reliability engineer you will be responsible for providing engineering support as part of a continuous improvements team focusing on the large gold processing plant.
Your duties will include:
- Support the daily, weekly and monthly reporting of downtime events and the diagnosis of root causes, to assist in providing permanent rectification of defects across process plant.
- Lead and support improvements in asset strategy and maintenance tactics, including maintenance of the CMMS and the correct holding of plant spares.
- Conduct investigations through the application of a structured process such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), failure mode & effect analysis (FMEA), to develop action plans to increase Mean Time between Failures (MTBF) and reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Coordinate plant equipment improvement trials, including technical input, tracking and reporting to ensure alignment of all trial work using the KCGM Management of Change procedure.
- Review criticality analysis to ensure plant events are documented, tracked are prioritized through risk review.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be considered for the position your must match all of the following criteria,
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years experience in a reliability engineering position
- Experience in mineral processing environment or similar..
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
What you’ll get in return
How to apply
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact for a confidential discussion on your career.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.