See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Fitter & Turner / Operator – Roma
Established for 22 years, Sharpe Engineering is a fully integrated, full service provider to the oil and gas industry. Roma facility boasts Australia’s largest threading capacity and is complemented by facilities strategically located in Brisbane and Chinchilla. There quality system is certified both to ISO 9001 and API Spec Q1.
They are committed to customers and the communities in which they live and work.
Due to increased volume of ongoing work, Sharpe Engineering are currently searching for an experienced Mechanical Fitter & Turner / Operator to join their Roma manufacturing team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for setting up and operating hand tools, machines or equipment to cut, shape and form metal stock and casting to exact sizes in accordance with drawings, CAD systems and specifications in order to ensure the accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies.
The successful applicant will be based in Roma, Queensland (470 kms west of Brisbane Queensland).
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Disassemble and assemble components, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding.
- Dismantle faulty equipment and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts.
- Set up and / or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines.
- Operate all lifting equipment incidental to normal work when holding the appropriate licenses.
- Inspect products and / or materials for conformity with established operations standards.
- Understand and apply quality control techniques.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Appropriate trade qualifications
- Experience with milling or lathes
- CNC and conventional experience is preferred
- Fanuc or Mazak controller skills is preferred
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of quality, safety and environmental systems and principals
If you believe you have the appropriate skills to tackle this role please send a resume detailing your current qualifications and experience. Please also indicate when you would be available to commence work if you were to be successful in your application.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical.
This is a permanent position and applicants must have unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply. This is not a FIFO position.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Mechanical Fitter Turner Operator Roma QLD