See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Fitter Job – Roma QLD
Mechanical Fitter Roma Field Service Supervisor QLD
With approximately 24,000 employees worldwide and annual sales exceeding $3B, Regal is a leading manufacturer of electrical and mechanical motion control and power generation products serving markets throughout the world. Regal has a reputation for excellence in research and design, product quality, manufacturing and service.
UNICO, a Regal company with about 500 employees worldwide, has a Brisbane facility dedicated to the supply, support and service of upstream artificial lift products used throughout the oil and predominately coal seam gas industry.
Unico has been engineering high-performance drives and control systems for since 1967, with focus on application engineered products for PCP’s, ESP’s and rod pumps surface systems. Unico is a leader in the innovation of drive products for the exploration and production of oil and gas.
Reporting to, and with the full support of, the Field Service Supervisor, as a qualified Mechanical Fitter you will be responsible for fitment of components to mechanical pumping units as well as troubleshooting and repairing mechanical faults, breakdowns, startups and of mechanically operated / electrically controlled pump systems.
There will be a requirement to attend site as required and working at heights from time to time. You will be required to keep accurate records of inventory consumed and manage the inwards and outwards flow of goods to the facility.
Please note that this is not a FIFO role.
The key to your success in this role will include:
- High mechanical engineering understanding
- Experience in reading and interpreting drawings (general arrangement and some piping & instrumentation diagrams)
- Strong problem solving skills and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures for preventative maintenance
- Ability to work on site (up to 7 days at a time) and potentially some overtime on weekends
- Ability to work to a high standard and complete jobs on-time, within time frames given
- Strong customer service and be a quick learner.
- Awareness of safety standards
- Australian recognized trade qualification – Certificate in Engineering – Mechanical fitter
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Fitter
- Experience in the teardown and overhaul of mechanical gear systems
- Competent in gear, bearing and coupling replacements
- An understanding of and experience with hydraulic systems
- Experience with reciprocating equipment
- Forklift license
- Drivers license / 4WD certification
- Working at Heights / EWP certification
- Construction card (white card)
- First aid certified
- Experience and formal training with overhead crane operation
- Strong computer knowledge (standard software)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with well drive heads, artificial lift equipment and the oil and gas industry.
The opportunity offers an attractive base salary + Super
Apply for Mechanical Fitter Job
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingClick Apply for Mechanical Fitter Roma Field Service Supervisor QLD