See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Fitter Operations – Ore Leach
8:6 Roster | FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Their Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields involves the mining and refining of nickel and cobalt to produce LME-grade metal briquettes on site.
Process plant consists of High Pressure Acid Leaching (HPAL) technology and a Refinery. As an owner-operator, they also run their own Utilities department which incorporates a 90MW power station (including steam and gas turbines), a 4400TPD acid plant (one of the largest in the southern hemisphere), 6TPH H2S plant and a reverse osmosis water treatment plant which draws from extensive bore fields.
They are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join there maintenance team working in Ore Leach. Working in a crew on a rotating shift roster and reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing planned maintenance, reactive breakdown maintenance and shutdown work across the area.
On any given day you could be working on a vast array of equipment such as:
- Materials Handling and Ore Preparation
- Vibration screens
- High Pressure Acid Leach, Heap Leach and Oxygen Leach
- Piping materials from carbon steel to exotic metals
- Mechanical seals
- Pumps: Centrifugal, Turbine, Axial, Positive Displace
- Reduction Autoclaves
- CCDs, Thickeners and Clarifiers
- Tanks, Pressure Vessels, Flash Vessels
- Heat Ex-changers: Shell and Tube, Plate Pack, Fin, Condensers, Economizers
- Blowers, Compressors, Vacuum Pumps
As a minimum, you’ll be a trade qualified mechanical fitter with demonstrated experience working within a processing plant environment.
The following additional experience or qualifications would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Literate nickel process plant or refinery experience
- Remote site experience
- Confined space, working at heights or hazardous area training
- Prior experience working with permit systems
- Knowledge of safe work practices related to chemical reagent hazards
Fitters on site work an 8/6 FIFO roster, with crews rotating between day and night shift. They promote a healthy work/life balance and have a fully equipped gym, tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool, beach volleyball and an on-site Health & Well being Advisor to coordinate fitness activities.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity to be part of Minara Resources please follow the prompts to apply.
Apply for Mechanical Fitter Murrin Operations
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training
Click Apply for Mechanical Fitter Murrin Operations Ore Leach FIFO Perth