See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experience Mechanical Fitter Queensland Mining
Normet Asia Pacific (NAP) is an International Market Leader with over 50 years’ experience in the development, production and sales of equipment & vehicles for Underground Mining and Tunnel Construction companies. NAP also provides Reinforcement Bolts, Chemicals and a variety of Life-Time Care services for the entire equipment range.
An exciting opportunity to join the Mt Isa, Qld team has recently become available. Reporting to the Mt Isa Branch Manager, the newly appointed Mechanical Fitter will be primarily responsible for commissioning, servicing and repairing Client’s and NAP underground machines. Travel and working in remote locations within Australia and or the Asia Pacific region will be required on occasions.
Additional tasks for the role are as outlined below but not limited to:
- Modification, servicing and repairs of vehicle systems including chassis, driveline, engines, transmissions, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrics;
- Inspect, audit and or complete overhaul of NAP’S equipment to OEM specification in warehouse and onsite;
- Manufacturing and fitting of hydraulic hoses, valves and components;
- Testing and adjusting of all mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components and circuits;
- Inspections, analysis and recording of critical mechanical information during the process of undertaking mechanical refurbishing work;
- Cutting, grinding, drilling, welding and manufacturing of small components before fitting to machines;
- Ensuring all work is carried out to quality and specified requirements on time and documented accordingly;
- Act and interact professionally with external/internal customers and contractors at all time; and
- Ensure work is performed safely at a level of quality acceptable to both NAP and client’s expectations.
- 5+ years’ (minimum) experience in a Mechanical Fitter/Service Technician role or similar (Essential).
- Certificate III Fitter or relevant trade in Mechanical/Diesel/Marine/Transport/Agricultural (Essential).
- Industry experience such as Mining, Construction and or Manufacturing – (Essential).
- Experience in modification, building, troubleshooting and repairs of heavy mobile equipment (Essential).
- Experience working underground – (Desirable)
- Strong mechanical/electrical knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read CAD engineer drawings, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics.
- Good understanding of manufacturing techniques.
This position is a Full-Time, permanent role starting as soon as practicable. The successful candidate must be able to undertake and pass a pre-employment medical and produce a police clearance at NAP’s request or at the request of the client.
For further information about the position or if you would like to request a copy of the Position Description, please contact Cassie Portolesi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Mechanical Fitter Mining Job in Queensland
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.
Click Apply for Mechanical Fitter Mining Job Queensland Coal Mines