Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Mechanical Fitter
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight they work closely with there customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
The Conoco Phillips Darwin LNG Plant has been in operation supplying Liquefied Natural Gas to the Japanese market since 2006. Downer, as the maintenance contractor, provides support and resources to Conoco Phillips to ensure the successful completion of planned core, project and shutdown maintenance activities.
An opportunity has arisen for a trade qualified and experienced mechanical fitter to join Core Crew at the Darwin LNG onshore facility in a full time, fixed term position until October 2018, with the possibility of extension.
Ideally you will have gained your experience working on a major hazard facility, such as LNG, petroleum or other complex processing plant however anyone who has worked in an industrial maintenance environment in a client/vendor relationship will be considered.
You will have a strong focus on health and safety and be familiar with the permit to work systems. Good computer skills with exposure to maintenance management systems such as SAP will be highly regarded.
- Trade qualified Mechanical Fitter with solid experience working in a major hazard facility; LNG, petroleum or other complex processing plant
- Experience working under a ‘permit to work’ system
- Current working at heights
- Must be a resident of Darwin, FIFO will not be considered, relocation will not be provided
Preferred experience and qualifications
- Flange management training
- Experience with the repair and or replacement of GE turbines
- History working with laser shaft alignment, laser pulley alignment, sonic belt tensioning, basic vibration analysis, pump rebuilds, mechanical seal replacement/repairs and valve maintenance
- SAP or similar maintenance management system experience
- Current forklift, EWP and BA training highly regards
What they can offer
- The opportunity to join a close knit team that is committed to Zero Harm
- Full time position working 48 hours per week Monday to Friday for a fixed term to October 2018
- $42.53 per hour + penalties + paid personal and annual leave
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical that includes drug and alcohol testing.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Mechanical Fitter Maintenance Construction Australia