See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Fitter Jobs Bowen Basin
To be considered for these positions you MUST have the following:
- Relevant trade qualification
- Experience in prep plants
- Proven experience working in various departments on coal sites
- Commitment to Safety with a proactive approach to your work
- Time management and self-motivation
- Reliability and commitment
You will be offered an attractive remuneration package including:
- Fantastic Hourly Rates
- Meals & Accommodation Supplied for Site Shutdowns only
- Current Coal Board Medical
- BMA Induction / Standard 11 Induction Training
- Trade Certificate/ Qualification
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Drivers Licence
- Confined Space
- Working at Height
Wisely Group has a strong commitment to diversity within their workforce. As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer, applicants from all backgrounds including indigenous cultures and women, are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Wisely is a dynamic Australian business providing end to end asset management solutions and professional support to a vast range of industries including mining & resources, aviation, rail, defence, ports & infrastructure.
Whilst their head office is in Mackay and they conduct many projects in the surrounding regions – for instance, in October they won the three-year BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) contract for maintenance works at the Blackwater coal project in Queensland’s Bowen Basin – they do support work across Australia and internationally with projects based in WA, NSW & SA.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.