Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Fitter Job Field Service Supervisor
You will have full support and will be reporting to a Field Service Supervisor, but will have the sole responsibility for fitting, troubleshooting and repairing faults, breakdown and start ups of electrically controlled pump systems.
The key to your success in this role will include:
- High mechanical engineering understanding
- Experience in reading and interpreting drawings (general arrangement and some piping & instrumentation diagrams)
- Strong problem solving skills and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures for preventative maintenance
- Ability to work on site (up to 7 days at a time) and potentially some overtime on weekends
- Ability to work to a high standard and complete jobs on-time, within time frames given
- Strong customer service and be a quick learner.
- Awareness of safety standards
- Australian recognized trade qualification â€“ Certificate in Engineering – Mechanical fitter
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Maintenance Fitter
- Experience in the teardown and overhaul of mechanical gear systems
- Competent in gear, bearing and coupling replacements
- An understanding of and experience with hydraulic systems
- Experience with reciprocating equipment
- Desired Skills/Qualifications
- Forklift license
- Drivers license
- Working at Heights / EWP certification
- Construction card (white card)
- First aid certified
- Experience and formal training with overhead crane operation
- Strong computer knowledge (standard software)
- Excellent analytical skills
Experience with well drive heads, artificial lift equipment and the oil and gas industry. Please note this is not a FIFO position, they are searching to employ local people. The opportunity offers an attractive pay rate.Only successful applicants will be contacted
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Mechanical Fitter Job Field Service Supervisor QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.