Underground Mining Maintenance – Mechanical Fitter
Mechanical Fitter (hire and service mining equipment)
The objective of the Mechanical Fitter for mining equipment role is to provide support to the hire and service Branch Manager. This will include the inspection and commissioning of all products, after sales care including service/support and maintenance of equipment. Day to day coordination of workshop tasks including assistance with inventory control, stock levels and general housekeeping.
The position will also require continuous improvement initiatives in an effective and consolidated manner.
This will include:
- Complete any manufacturing requirements on arrival of new and used products,
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections on all sold products and equipment,
- Assemble, install, test and maintain components for all products including on site machine commissioning,
- Update supervisor of daily tasks completed and schedules,
- Ensure preventative and scheduled maintenance plant is in accordance with company procedures and policies,
- Resolve any post sale/support service requirements including warranty issues,
- Manage warehouse including inventory control, stock levels and general housekeeping,
- Provide feedback to the engineering department regarding product improvements,
- Support other regions as required,
- Maintain tools and equipment to a high standard,
- Personnel achieve the highest standards of maintenance and repairs along with the highest standard of safety and customer service,
- Provide input into all maintenance and safety procedures,
- Supervise and provide training for apprentices as required,
- Attend and participate in all toolbox meeting.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Qualifications:
- Mechanical trade certificate,
- High risk work licence – Forklift, Dogging & Rigging,
- Current first aid certificate.
- Working at heights ticket,
- Working in confined spaces ticket,
- Truck licence.
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical experience,
- Mine site experience with exposure to underground operations and products.
- Experience with crushing and screening equipment,
- 2 years underground mining maintenance experience,
- Experienced in mobile plant breakdown situations.
- Sound knowledge in the maintenance and repair of mining mobile plant,
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Ability to forward plan and prioritize tasks,
- Ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of mine personnel,
- Good understanding of mine emergency procedures,
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to train apprentices.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mechanical Fitter Heavy Mobile Underground Mining Maintenance NSW
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.