Mechanical Fitter and Boilermaker – Fixed Plant QLD
- Opportunity to learn the fuel industry and become a specialist
- Enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle in a friendly residential community
- 5 days on and 2 off day shift roster – Weipa (no FIFO)
They are looking for a Fitter to maintain the sites bulk fuel storage and transfer systems.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude. A normal working week consists of a 44Hr Week on Day Work (Mon-Fri, 5 on 2 off), on occasions there will be the need to look after breakdowns and project work outside these times. This role will be reporting to the Crew leader for Fuel Infrastructure,
You will be:
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvements.
- Focusing on preventative maintenance activities whilst ensuring breakdowns are auctioned in a safe and efficient manner.
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability
- Maintaining of fuel industry components, pre-set meters, re-fueling gantries, load arms.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A Mechanical Fitter or Boilermaker trade qualification
- Previous experience in fixed plant preventative and breakdown maintenance.
- Sound problem solving abilities with strong attention to detail and safety.
- Ability to work as part of a close knit team and wider group
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- An understanding of hydrocarbon storage equipment, maintenance and safety.
- A working at heights ticket, working in confined spaces, Fabrication, Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Dogging or rigging ticket
- Knowledge of computer maintenance management systems, such as SAP
- Previous experience in coaching and mentoring apprentices and local trainees
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape.
Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring.
Construction of the Amrun project, located 40 kilometers south west of Weipa, is currently underway to expand bauxite operations and continue production from one of the world’s premier bauxite deposits. This expansion will strengthen the economy and provide exciting opportunities for the people of Cape York and Queensland for future generations.
As pioneers in mining and metals, they produce materials essential to human progress.
Their long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and there people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: materials make up the world. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common.
It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
If you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.Apply for Mechanical Fitter & Boilermaker Fixed Plant Weipa QLD