Mechanical Engineer – 5/2 Roster
One Key Resources part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
Our client is a Tier 1 mining house who requires a skilled, experienced and safety minded individual.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated Open Cut Coal Mining experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Exposure to draglines, shovels and hydraulic excavators
- Experience with shutdowns and project management
The qualifications/certifications required include:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Current BMA Induction or Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Induction
- Current Driver’s License
These roles offer:
- 6 month’s work – Immediate Start
- 5/2 Roster
- Residential or meals and camp provided
- Competitive hourly rate
- Mining– They provide our full range of managed workforce services, labour hire, recruitment, training and productivity improvement services to clients in Coal, Iron Ore, Gold, Hard Rock, Mineral Sands, Mining Services and Maintenance.
- Oil & Gas– They also deploy skilled tradespeople, operators, supervision and trades assistants to work across the industry.
- Infrastructure– With an emphasis on major projects work in mining, oil and gas and resource infrastructure they also have specialist people covering mine, port and rail construction, major upstream gas projects, civil construction, concreting, marine, mechanical, electrical and access work.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
Apply now!Click Apply for Mechanical Engineer – 5/2 Roster – Bowen Basin
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.