If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Engineer – 5/2 Roster
One Key Resources part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
Our client is a Tier 1 mining house who requires a skilled, experienced and safety minded individual.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated Open Cut Coal Mining experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Exposure to draglines, shovels and hydraulic excavators
- Experience with shutdowns and project management
The qualifications/certifications required include:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Current BMA Induction or Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Current Driver’s License
These roles offer:
- 6 month’s work – Immediate Start
- 5/2 Roster
- Residential or meals and camp provided
- Competitive hourly rate
- Mining– They provide our full range of managed workforce services, labour hire, recruitment, training and productivity improvement services to clients in Coal, Iron Ore, Gold, Hard Rock, Mineral Sands, Mining Services and Maintenance.
- Oil & Gas– They also deploy skilled tradespeople, operators, supervision and trades assistants to work across the industry.
- Infrastructure– With an emphasis on major projects work in mining, oil and gas and resource infrastructure they also have specialist people covering mine, port and rail construction, major upstream gas projects, civil construction, concreting, marine, mechanical, electrical and access work.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
Apply now!Click Apply for Mechanical Engineer – 5/2 Roster – Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list