Manager Technical Services Underground Mine Jobs QLD
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company. They are a leading voice in advocating for sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal technologies. Peabody has 23 operations across the United States and Australia, and has 6,700 employees globally, servicing metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries, on five continents.
They offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop there employees.
About the role
An opportunity exists for an experienced Technical Services Manager to join the team at North Goonyella Coal (NGC) Mine. NGC is an underground longwall mine located 160 kilometers west of Mackay producing a premium quality, high strength coking coal for export markets.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team and will provide technical services, including mining engineering, strata control, gas drainage, surveying and environmental functions to NGC.
Duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining mine design and plans to enable effective recovery of coal reserves
- Leading and mentoring a team of mining professionals in providing engineering, technical and environmental services to support production activities
- Understanding, reviewing and adjusting mining activities and schedules within your area of responsibility, to deliver “physical” outcomes within budget/forecast operating and capital cost.
- Delivering short, medium and long term mine plans using site software and processes.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and all Peabody and North Goonyella’s site policies and procedures
- Establishing a suitable audit regime to verify that the mining engineering and technical services activities comply with the site safety and health management system and established procedures specific to technical service activities
- Stakeholder engagement with Traditional Owners, Landholders and Regional Councils
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Providing technical support to corporate process areas such as Projects, Marketing & Coal Quality.
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday (9 day fortnight) roster and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
To be successful in this role, it is imperative for you to have extensive underground coal mining experience and will ideally possess the following:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in an underground coal mining environment
- Mining Engineering degree or equivalent
- SSE Qualification will be advantageous
- Mine Manager’s 1st Class Ticket (ideal, not essential)
- Contract Management experience
- Experience in management of geological and infrastructure drilling programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in XPAC, Vulcan, SPRY and 3D-Dig software is an advantage
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and influencing skills coupled with sound project management practices
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Peabody prides itself on being a values driven company. They strive, through there people, to achieve their mission and live there values of Safety, Customer Focus, Leadership, People, Excellence, Integrity and Sustainability. They take responsibility to for the environment, benefit communities and restore the land for generations that follow.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.