Open Cut – Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor Open Cut mining Blackwater project
Reporting to the Workshop Superintendent, you will be responsible for the day to day management of maintenance activities. This includes providing direction to the maintenance crews, communicating plans and schedules and ensuring equipment is maintained according to cost, quality and safety targets. A key focus of your role is ensuring optimal safety performance and productivity in order to maximize contract profitability and sustainability.
You will need to be a skilled, enthusiastic and safety-conscious individual who is looking for their next challenge.
Candidates must have the following:
- Nationally recognized qualifications coupled with extensive experience in supervising maintenance operations
- Strong SAP experience and knowledge
- Current Mining Supervisor Course (G1,G8,G9) and G2 Certificate
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Current BMA induction (or the ability to rapidly acquire the relevant statement of attainment)
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* would also be advisable
- A strong focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- Demonstrated initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- An overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement.
What they can offer
- Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Attractive & competitive remuneration
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group.
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Michael Bernard on 07 3026 6652.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this job, please click the ‘Apply’ button below and go to the advertiser website.Apply for Maintenance Supervisor Open Cut mining Blackwater project
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.